Monday, February 9, 2015

Today's post is for the Creative Blog Hop that I was nominated for By Cindy Fodor stampthelove.   -Check out her post on February 2, 2015 for some great ideas. and here are some prior Creative Blog hop posts -  hanniejoyandco . and    mauistamper   .     Next week will be Lynn Peters   stamponwithheart and Sena (more info to be added).

Working on being Creative.... Many times I just don't give myself the time to just create or play, though I find lots of inspiration.  The card I created this week was inspired by Artist Michael Clark and his watercolor painting "Cadmium Orange Poppies" ( I could not find any link to him on the Web, but I am willing to post it if anyone knows of one)

Card Size 4.5 x 4.5 whisper white .   I punched  1/2" circles and a 3/8" punch pack circle.  Coloring them with Blendabilities (S.U. Alcohol markers)  Cherry Cobbler Lt., Daffodil Delight Lt., Pumpkin Pie Med. and Old Olive Lt.  Crumpling them while they were damp.
Next cut a 3.5 x 3.5 whisper white card stock then sketch Old Olive Lt. stems, and color around and over with Daffodil Delight Lt. then Med. on top and bottom leaving white areas for flowers to be placed.


Place your colored circles with glue dots and shape like poppies on the stems, ad some leaves and buds.  Color around some of the flowers and use Color Lifter Pen to give it a water color wash look.  Color around the flowers with Daffodil Delight leaving just a little white for accent. Now cut a 3 5/8 x 3 5/8 pumpkin pie card stock to place under Poppies, Stamp Saying  ( I used an exclusive stamp set from a Paper Pumpkin kit)  using dimensionals pop the saying. 




How does my work differ?  Some stamping sisters gave me the nickname "Out of the Box".  I just see things differently at times, but I think that everyone does.

How do I create and Why?  Several Ways:  1 - PLAYING - This is the most useful because I can think up all kinds of things but a lot of times the ideas just don't work, but playing around you find that out and come up with something else  Like the Poppy card - I started out with Daffodil Delight Paper instead of Whisper white, it was OK but not the water color look I wanted.  2 - LOOKING at Pinterest, all kinds of magazines (including kids -teens) take pictures while shopping,  Art Shows, Galleries, and nature.  The pictures or sketches - I email myself a note of what I was thinking at the time, for ideas later.  3. - STUDYING a stamp, email note or a color combo, then when I go to bed, I think about them.  I keep a sticky note pad/ pen on my night stand with a small flashlight and write down or sketch ideas as they come to me.
4. CHALLENGING myself by blog hopping ,doing challenge card sketches or helping a client that needs a color combo for invites. 5.  CREATING for me is an escape, but it also helps me feel better about the world and brings me closer to others.  My mother was a oil and water color artist and for years before she passed away, we would discuss some form of art expression at my weekly 6 AM Sunday call.  It would be anything from paintings like "The Sacrament of the Last Supper" By Salvador Dali to how to paint a dew drop on a rose petal.  I miss those morning chats, but creating brings back the memory and a peace.  Thank - you for Hopping by and hope you will return to see what is coming up next week. Happy Valentines' Day  My card from 2015 Leadership Swap

1 comment: